|Home||» Products||» Bromine||» Ammonium Bromide|
This chemical compound is also known as the ammonium salt of hydrobromic acid and gets crystallized in colorless prisms. Defined by a saline test and easy solubility with water, the compound has following uses:
1) Used for photography in papers, films and plates.
2) Utilized for fireproofing of wood.
3) Applicable in process engraving as well as lithography.
4) Works well with corrosion inhibitors.
5) Useful in pharmaceutical preparations.
6) Used in combination with a grade-appropriate oxidizer.
7) Works as an efficient biocide, which can be applied in assorted industrial water systems for controlling algae, fungi and bacterias.
Ammonium Bromide can be prepared via the direct activity of ammonia or hydrogen bromide. It can also be constituted via the reaction between ammonia & iron(II) bromide or ammonia & iron(III) bromide.
Product : Ammonium Bromide
Formula : NH4Br
CAS No.: 12124-97-9
Molecular Weight : 97.94 g/mol
Melting Point : 235 °C (455 °F; 508 K)
Boiling Point : 452 °C (846 °F; 725 K)
Appearance : White powder, hygroscopic
Molar Mass : 97.94 g/mol
Solubility in water : 60.6 g/100 mL (0 °C); 78.3 g/100 mL (25 °C); 145 g/100 mL (100 °C)
Grade Standard : Bio-Tech Grade
Physical State : Solid
Density : 2.429 g/cm3
AXIOM CHEMICALS PVT. LTD All Rights Reserved.