Ammonium iodide is an inorganic compound consisting of ammonium and iodide that is represent by the chemical formala H4IN. This substance can be prepared by reacting ammonia or ammonium hydroxide with hydroiodic acid or hydrogen iodide gas. It is also formed by the decomposition of ammoniated triiodoamine (an explosive).Uses:
1) Ammonium iodide is used in photographic chemicals and some medications.
2) It can also be supplemented to many animal feed formulations as a dietary source of Iodine.Health Hazard:
1) Inhalation causes irritation of nose and throat.
2) Contact with eyes and skin causes irritation.Precautionary Statements:
1) Avoid breathing dust/gas/fume/mist/spray/vapors.
2) If inhaled, take the victim to fresh air and rest him/her in a comfortable position for breathing.
3) If comes in contact with eyes, then rinse it cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if wearing for a while till the victim feel relax.Specifications:Product Name
: Ammonium IodideChemical Names
: Azanium iodide, Ammonium-iodid, Ammonium jodatum, Ammoniumiodid, Ammonium iodide ((NH4)I)Molecular Formula
: 12027-06-4Molecular Weight
: 144.94 g/molDensity
: 2.51 g/cm3Melting Point
: 551°CBoiling Point
: 235 °CForm
: White crystalline powderSolubility
: Soluble in water and ethanol. Slightly soluble in ether.Sensitive
: Light Sensitive & Hygroscopic